Hello there friends! I hope you are doing well. Today I have a Happy Birthday card for you made from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. Look at the beautiful images and coordinating die-cuts that you can create so many beautiful cards and projects from!
This is an extremely popular stamp set and I hope that it carries over to the next catalog.
My card is pretty straight forward, clean and simple. I did a process video for you as I have a very old dictionary circa 1861, very cool, that I found in the loft of my old farmhouse in upstate New York that has moved all over the country with me. She wasn’t in the best of shape, but I managed to find a great page to use as my feature panel to stamp my flowers on with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored in with Prismacolor Colored Pencils and Aqua Painters. I did have to color a bit slower than I normally would due to how thin the paper was.
I’m overall very happy with my coloring, but rethinking the Linen Thread where I made the faux bow. Since I wrapped two lengths of thread around the card and since the bow is secured with glue dots, which are very strong, I’m pretty confident that I could just take the bow off and I would like it better. Here is a look at the card in process.
I hope that you enjoy my process video. I have to tell you that it is so much easier to do voiceovers than what I was doing before. It’s still work, but I love the shorter video length, as I know you absolutely do too!
On my IG, I made an ice cream cone shaker card and I have received a lot of requests in comments and especially on IG to make a video as to how I made the shaker card. I will make a video for you later this week and I will do it in realtime as to how to make the shaker. It was not easy to pull off – let’s put it that way, but the results are fabulous and worth it.
I hope that you’ve enjoyed my card today with just a tad of Mixed Media thrown in using the Gesso. I really felt that I had to lighten up that area so that the sentiment had its own space. The little enamel heart blends in very well where I made that mistake. Considering how almost brittle and thin the paper was, coloring and using water, it held up pretty good; especially with the strong adhesive that I used on the back and how much.
Here are the measurements of the card and Prismacolor Colored Pencils that I used.
BASE: A2 top-folding 4-1/4 x 5-1/2
BLACK MAT: 4 x 5-1/4
VINTAGE DICTIONARY PAGE: 3-7/8 x 5-1/8
PRISMACOLOR PENCILS (LIGHT TO DARK)
GREENERY: Limepeel PC1005, Apple Green PC912
BLUE FLOWER: Caribbean Sea PC1103, Blue Slate PC1024
ORANGE FLOWER: Cadmium Orange PC118, Pale Vermillion PC921
RED FLOWER: Permanent Red PC122, Crimson Red PC924
YELLOW FLOWER: Deco Yellow PC1011, Canary Yellow PC916
Thank you so much for stopping by to visit me. I’ve been very bad about blogging lately. I’ve been buried in paperwork lately, which has unfortunately consumed a considerable amount of my time. That will be changing very soon and I will be getting back on schedule with my life. I do miss my creative outlet, sharing with you and the interaction. I miss a lot of things.
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend and God bless!
If you are interested in any of the Stampin’ Up! products that I used in my design today, simply click on the picture(s) below to pick your supplies up to be delivered straight to your doorstep in days!
PRODUCTS & SUPPLIES: