Hi friends. I've been a card making fool this week as I never post every day! I do hope that you have enjoyed what I've been posting. Today I have a non-Stampin' Up! card. It's inspired by Julie Ebersole and also qualifies for the Ways to Use It Challenge (WT387) at Splitcoast Stampers, where you're to use something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. My card meets the challenge 100% as the old is my card stock, the new is from my tissue tape, glitter, stamp set and ink, the borrowed is from Julie Ebersole, and the blue is obviously my butterfly. Pretty cool! It's a very fun challenge and definitely a challenge.
I hope that you enjoy this card and that it inspires you. Thank you so much for stopping by to see me today and God bless you!
Stamps: Butterflies (My Favorite Things), Typically Teen (The Craft's Meow)
Card Stock: Stamper's Select White, Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink Pads: Espresso, Terra Cotta (Ranger), Versamark
Tissue Tape: Tim Holtz
Glitter: Ocean Spray (Glitter Ritz)
Adhesive: Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Die-Cut: Butterflies (My Favorite Things)
Heat Embossing Powder: Heat and Stick Powder (Stampin' Up!)
Machine(s)/Tool(s): Big Shot (Stampin' Up!), Heat Tool (Milwaukee)
Technique: Die-cutting, heat embossing
Size: 5-1/2 x 4-1/4
1. Cut white card stock to A2 size so that the crease is at the top.
2. Stamp sentiment in lower right hand corner with Espresso ink.
3. Stamp butterfly image onto vellum card stock with Versamark, sprinkle Heat & Stick Powder over the image, heat emboss until tacky and immediately sprinkle over Ocean Tides glitter using your finger to rub into the image and over the card stock. Use a bone folder to burnish the glitter to give it a velvety appearance. Die-cut butterfly image out using coordinating Butterfly die-cut.
4. Stamp "splotches" randomly onto white card stock with Terra Cottta ink.
5. Tear off a length of tissue tape, rip one end and adhere it to the white card stock as shown. Snip off the excess at the top.
6. Fold butterfly in half and apply Glossy Accents to the center on the back of the butterfly and adhere to the card. After the Glossy Accents dries, fold up the wings of the butterfly.
Shop Stampin' Up! Now!